Sunday, February 24, 2019

BLOG #3

BLOG #3
On September 5, 2012 at 11:30 before 30 minutes to turn 13 I sat down creating my bucket list. I decided to first write down the things that I get scared of doing, the first ten things I wrote, is to go to high places, I’m that type of person who don’t like heights. So, in order to face my fears, I wrote what I’m scared of doing, for example, I want to ride a zipline, ride the air balloon, watch the sunset from Grand Canyon National park in Arizona and much more. But those are the ones I really hope to try.
When I was freshman, one of my friends told me that all the seniors will be going field trip to Tejas camp, which is one hour away from college station, this camp or park have water zipline and the one that landed on the other side of the park, I was so excited, because this trip will check off the first thing I wrote on my bucket list. After I got home I opened up my calendar to count how many days, months, and years will be till I be in 12 grade and go to that trip to face one of my fears.
By each year passed my fears increased. As I approached my Junior years I did a little research of the zipline of what could happened, the safety instructions, to always to stay attached, and wearing the right size of helmet to stay safe. I read articles for facing the fears, but I couldn’t imagine it will engorge me to ride the zip line.

Finally, the year that I have been waiting for since three years have been arrived. On April 1 2018 my English teacher Mrs.Zachrey gave each student a paper slip to sign it and to return it to her, I read it and it was saying “SENIOR FILED TRIP TO TEJAS CAMP” I was waiting for this moment for years, I took it to my mom to sign, and she was happy, because I always tell her about this trip. The moment I went to the house after the teacher gave us the paper slip I started to prepare for this trip, I choice what will I be wearing. So, I be more prepared. April 18 is the day of the trip I woke up at 6:30 took a shower wore my clothes and got some snacks ready and I headed to the school parking lot where all the buses are located. My bus number was number 1 since my last name starts with an A, at 8am the buses took off, my emotions were mix between happy, scared, excited, and pinked. We arrived to the camp, the staff explained to us what activates they have, and what we will be doing during our trip, me and my friends took a tour around the park, I saw the student were lining up to ride on the zipline, the moment I saw it I was going to back up and not want to ride it, but my friend engourged me to get out of my fears and go for it, I took a very deep breath before I stand up in the line, while I was standing up in the line I heard a lot of screaming coming from the top of the standing point from this, my heart was beating so fast, but I didn’t gave up and I still want to do it. The man who was responsible of ganging the Helmut gave me and my friend one, we start to climb on the tour to get to the top. I climbed through the top and the staff were preparing us to get to the zipline, they explained what we supposed to hold when we get to the point of landing, after two minutes they called our group to wear the rob around our waist, we got to the point where we are going to jump from, I was so scared it was so high, the man said “when I count till 3 y’all should leap down and go”, when he said three everyone went down expect me, I start to scream and went for it, I was screaming so loud everyone was looking at me. Then they get us a ladder to go down my legs were shaking, and my heart was beating. Even though it was scary experience, but I enjoy it and at the end I faced my fears from Hight. 









No comments:

Post a Comment